- This tune is for customers that already have the HPTuners device/credits and is a email supplied tune for you to flash onto your vehicle.
- Intitial instructions for using HP Tuners Editor and Scanner:
Here are links to using the Editor and the scanner programs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYKVoFcOmk&t=304s
Read your stock existing tune and save to downloads. Label the stock read as: “yourname stock read” Do NOT read the FPCM, the last box. Check that as “Do Not Read” or it will cost 2 more credits.
I have attached the LFX scan config file to use, just click on the very left “Load config” and pick where the file saved (usually in Downloads), and then do a 5-10 minute drive and save as “yourname here Stock Drive Log”
Do not click on it directly.
Then email me both and we will go from there. Download VCM Suite from here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/
Then once we study the scan we will adjust the Parameters in your tune file and send a new revision back to you to flash in and then do another drive log and email back to us. It usually takes 2-3 times to get your individual car dialed in.
- Smoother power delivery and stronger mid-range torque, less peaky feeling to the power delivery
- Improved throttle control, more responsive and a consistent feel
- Fully rewritten transmission shift points will downshift with less throttle input, upshift at better times, reduce bogging around town, and make the vehicle feel lighter and easier to drive
- Rev limiter raised, cooling fans turn on sooner
- Tuning to accommodate for different brand aftermarket air intakes, throttle bodies, E85 flex fuel conversions (where applicable), exhaust work including downpipes and P0420/P0430 codes, differential gear changes like 3.91 gears, and more. Because Overkill makes supercharger systems for these engines, tuning is available for forced induction.
What you’ll get:
- Tunes for 87 octane, 91 and 93/94 octane.
- Tuning revisions for 1 year when you send in driving scans, so the tune can be tailored for your vehicle